Friday, April 22, 2011

S is for Squishy! - A to Z Challenge

This is Squishy...
Yep. She's a cutie.

When we got her we named her Sydney. (We may have been watching the show Alias at the time.)

She was only about the size of a soda can when we brought her home.

She hasn't really grown much since then.

After a while her nickname, Lil'Bit (like Lil'Bit'o'Kitty), became her primary handle. It just seemed to fit.

But then, while watching the movie Finding Nemo, Dory calls a tiny jellyfish Squishy. She touches it with her fin and it zaps her and she yells, "Bad Squishy!".

I turned to Sydney/Lil'Bit at that very moment, who was doing something bad as usual, and renamed her Squishy.

She is our weirdest cat. She would rather be under the covers than over; she doesn't like her butt touched; she meeps instead of meows and she loves people food. She will remove your fingertips stealing chicken right out of your hand. She loves french fries and popcorn but I think her absolute favorite food is peanut butter. 

Got me! I don't get her either.

But, I do love the Squishy!

Come back tomorrow to meet kitty #4 - The Ted!


  1. Nice to see you in the A2Z challenge.

    Nice post on S about your Squishy.
    Lovely cat you have.

    I am following your blog.

    Please do visit my blog and provide with your valuable comments. And if you like please follow my blog.

    With warm welcome.

  2. Squishy is gorgeous and to love peanut butter...amazing. x

  3. Oh she is soooooooo cute! And wow, Squishy has a diverse palate.

  4. Is that Grandma's little girl? My sweetums? So soft and squishy, and that tender spot right behind her ears, and the softest belly- I just have to give it kisses... anybody got a box of band-aids.

  5. Oh so cute! Who could not love a yello kitty :) So squishy i agree

  6. Gujjari - Thank you!

    Pauline - Thanks so much. I've never had a cat that ate so many weird things.

    Jennifer - She is cute. Did I mention she likes raisins too?

    Suz - Yeah. I told you not to get too close to her!

    Siv Maria - I know! I love her colors! Thanks for coming.

  7. Oh, she is SOOOO cute! She reminds me of a cat we had when I was kid. Her name was Carrots and I adored her.

  8. The kitten is quite cute.

    It's funny how names come about from what we happen to be watching/doing at the time. My cat growing up was named Murphy because we watched that show Murphy Brown. And even though I tend to now give everything a Celtic name, one of my dogs has a Russian name because I spent the month before she came home in Russia.

  9. Squishy has almost regal ways and look.

  10. Liz - I love the name carrots! Darn.

    M.J. - I do love me some Celtic names! I usually save those for characters though, not the pets!

  11. One of my friend's cats loves peanut butter. My cats love people food. I was afraid my cat was going to burn his paws yesterday in an attempt to get bacon.

  12. I love the before and after pics - someone else did one yesterday. It amazes me how much kittens change, never really thought they did much.
    Nice kitty =)
    happy s day!

  13. Carrie - 2 of mine like people food, 2 mostly don't. The Ted loves him some bacon too!

    Tara - I did enjoy looking back at these pictures to choose the ones for the blog. I'm glad I took so many now.

    Thanks for coming.


Please leave a message after the beep.