Wednesday, January 3, 2018

#IWSG We've got anthology winners, Twitter pitch info, & Instagram news!

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

January 3 optional question - What steps have you taken or plan to take to put a schedule in place for your writing and publishing?

The awesome co-hosts for the January 3 posting of the IWSG are Tyrean Martinson, Ellen @ The Cynical Sailor, Megan Morgan, Jennifer Lane, and Rachna Chhabria!


Happy New Year!

I wish I was cool enough to make plans or set goals, but I just can't pull that off. I do everything last minute or by the seat of my pants. It's not ideal, but its been working so far, so I think I just need to stick to it. At least for now. :)
 
 
***
Today is the exciting announcement of the 2017 IWSG Anthology Contest winners!

Thank you to the awesome IWSG Admins for reading through all of the entries: Alex J. Cavanaugh; Lynda Young; Michelle Wallace; L. Diane Wolfe; Nick Wilford;
JL Campbell; Heather M. Gardner; Pat Hatt; Christine Rains!
 


A HUGE thanks to this year’s official judges:


Elizabeth S. Craig
Anne Hawkins
Candace Havens
Ion Newcombe 
Patricia (Pat) Stoltey
Mason Canyon


The winners of the 2017 IWSG Anthology Contest: TICK TOCK


Until Release  - Jemi Fraiser

The Tide Waits – Rebecca M. Douglas

Center Lane - Christine Clemetson

One More Minute – Mary Aalgaard

Reset – Tara Tyler

Three O’Clock Execution - S.R. Betler

The Little Girl in the Bayou - J.R. Ferguson

Cypress, Like the Tree - Yolanda Renée

Gussy Saint and the Case of the Missing Coed - C.D. Gallant-King

Special Mention:
Heartless – C. Lee McKenzie



And the grand prize winner: 
A Stitch in Crime – Gwen Gardner  



Congratulations to the winners and to all who entered!

Look for the anthology, Tick Tock: A Stitch in Crime, late spring, 2018.



Note: Our Special Mention story is for IWSG Admin, C. Lee McKenzie, who did not participate in the reading or judging of any of the entries. Her story made the top ten from the judges and we are honored to include it in the anthology.

***

The next #IWSGPit will be Thursday, January 18, 2018!
8:00 am - 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time 


Create a Twitter-length pitch for your completed and polished manuscript and leave room for genre, age, and the hashtag. On January 18, Tweet your pitch. If your pitch receives a favorite/heart from a publisher/agent check their submission guidelines and send your requested query.

Many writers have seen their books published from a Twitter pitch - it’s a quick and easy way to put your manuscript in front of publishers and agents.


***

Are you ready for #theiwsg writing Wednesday posts on Instagram?
Link: https://www.instagram.com/theiwsg/
Join as you can.
Share and Encourage.
Spread the word.


18 comments:

  1. Glad you have a system that works for you. Congrats to all the anthology winners. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Heather! No schedule is a good schedule. :-) Congratulations to the anthology winners--looks like another great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's cooler to fly by the seat of your pants. Like Alex says, whatever works! The anthology will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to everyone involved. Best wishes for the anthology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do so much by the seat of my pants I've worn the butt out of my jeans...

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very much the same here. I've been flying by the seat of my pants most of my life--might as well stick with what works!

    IWSG post: Taking Chances

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all have to do what works for us. Goals work for me (even if they make me crazier than I already am...). Or at least I think they do.

    Happy writing in the New Year, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of us no-schedulers should... ???
    Happy New Year, Heather. As one no-scheduler to another, I wish for you the very best in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! We are hitting the ground running.

    I assume X-Files is on your schedule though?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not much of a planner either, but I do set them for my writing. Otherwise, I'd procrastinate too much then take a nap. Nothing would get written! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. As long as it works, that's all that matters.

    Happy New Year!!! I wish you all the best for 2018. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to the winning stories!!! I wish I could make writing plans, but my life is so crazy that's hard to do. Wishing you all the Best in 2018!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am terrible at making plans too. Or more correctly, I don't plan well, and then I toss the plan out the window later. Here's to a great new year, and grats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Heather! I find making plans difficult, because as soon as I map one out, events conspire to knock me off course. I'm am excited about the new anthology and looking forward to reading all the stories. All the best to you with your writing in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to all the anthology winners!

    Sounds like your plan to not have a plan has been working for you. :) Always good to do what works!

    Wishing you a happy and healthy 2018!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spontaneity works for me. =) It's been hard transitioning into planning, but having enough kids will do that to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to all the anthology winners! It's fantastic to see so many writer friends on that list.

    Hope 2018 has been treating you well so far.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.